Students write three mid-term tests in each semester. The tests cover the topics of the related theoretical material.
Please click here to download a PDF document designed to help students to reach more ponts at the tests.
- The dates of the mid-terms cannot be changed.
- Maximum 20 points can be collected on a mid-term test (11 and above is considered a pass, between 10-7 is a “conditional fail”; below 10 is an "unconditional fail"). Midterms below 7 points should be retaken at the end of the semester (make up mid-term).
- The results of the mid-term test are published on our web page. Detailed data are emailed to students.
- Tests are on display in a limited interval. The date and time of display are announced with results. No further possibility is given to see the tests.
Structure of mid-term tests
Each mid-term test consists of a test question, a figure analysis, and an essay question part.
Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- tests the detiled knowledge of students
- the best answer of given possibilities should be chosen.
- 35 % of the final points can be collected with these type of the questions.
- a topic-related figure has to be described and questions should be answered
- the figure can be found in the lecture notes (PDF files) published on our web page
- 15 % of the points can be collected here
- students should explain their knowledge of the topic in question:
- use well-structured, clear descriptions
- draw figures
- bulletpoints lacking explanations and unclear/unstructured essays may receive less points as they get only the 80% of the final result.
- the essay question is either a topic from the final exam topic list or it only covers a part of complete topic
- 50 % of the points can be collected here.
Regulations during writing the mid-term tests
During the mid-term test the following regulations apply:
- each student must carry a personal photo ID (it will be verified on a random basis). Students without a photo ID will not be allowed to sit for the test.
- personal belongings ( i.e. bags, unnecessary clothing, electronic devices) should be placed by the blackboard or in the back of the lecture hall
- ony pens and paper provided by the depratment is allowed
- communication between students is not allowed during the tests
- the use of helping material of any kind is strongly forbidden. Students cannot keep any electronic devices or their accessories are also even if they are switched off
- sno animals are allowed
- leaving the classroom during the test is prohibited
Not complying with the above rules result in a 0 point test. In case of cheating the student’s secretariat will be notified.
The possibility to make up mid-term tests
Missed or failed (below 7 points) mid-term tests should be retaken at the end of the semester.
- students might make up two mid-term tests
- students may retake a successful midterm to collect more points.
- If the result is worse than the original mid-term, the result of the make up mid-term will not count
- students should sign up in their person login area of physiology until noon on the last work day prior to the make up mid-term test.
No further chance is given to make up missing obligations.